A group of Journalist have met to discuss Thai politics, and their conclusion was, Thailand needs a coup, to get rid of Thaksin. The conclusion of their discussion was published at Naew Na newspaper. Naew Na, main columnist is Prasong, who recently went to the Fascist gathering at Sanam Luang, to show support. The Fascist gathering at Sanam Luang, includes former communist, that have recently, wore Guy Fawkes White Mask, and joined the White Mask gathering. Their number, from about 300, have grown to about 1,000, in matters of weeks. The Naew Na article did not mentioned, who all the journalist that attended the meeting were, and the meeting may just be a propaganda message, but here in Thailand, many journalist subscribe to the theory at a Coup is acceptable. It is part of the Bangkok Liberal philosophy, that Democracy must be tamed and control in Thailand, to create room for the so called “Good People” to operate against the Thaksin. That included being able to accept Coup, as a solution to Thailand. Recently, Yingluck have been focusing on Democracy, and caused out-raged with most who subscribed to the Bangkok Liberal philosophy. Prasong Soonsiri is a Thai politician, and former Royal Thai Air Force squadron leader, Thai Foreign Minister, and head of the Thai National Security Council. Prasong has been a long-time critic of Thaksin Shinawatra since Thaksin’s entry into politics in 1994. Thaksin joined the Palang Dharma Partyin late 1994 under the invitation of Chamlong Srimuang, who had just reclaimed the position of party leader from Boonchu Rojanastien. In a subsequent purge of Boonchu-affiliated PDP Cabinet ministers, Thaksin was appointed Foreign Minister, replacing Prasong Soonsiri. Prasong was a central figure in the 19 September 2006 Thai military coup that overthrew Thaksin Shinawatra‘s elected government. Prason had developed plans for a military coup as early as July 2006. Prasong was later appointed by the junta to the National Legislative Assembly (Source).
- Democracy: 9) Man behind 2006 coup & constitution: “Deny constitutional court power, is denying King’s power” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Thaksin visits Afghanistan & Malaysia, firming up role as elder statesman of Thailand (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- “Hard baht a danger to Thailand,” Thaksin weight in opinion (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- White masks, red masks and royalist communists (asiapacific.anu.edu.au)
- Thai Culture: 2) A Sexy Modern Bangkok? Bras & Panties at the Thai King’s Grand Palace (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)